For purchases that have been made after 1 January 2011, the Australian Consumer Law may apply and may impose a set of minimum Consumer Guarantees.
For purchases prior to that date, the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Commonwealth) may apply, as well as state and territory fair trading laws.
In addition, any contracts for the sale and purchase of goods or services may be affected by general principles of contract law, as provided by the common law.
The Consumer Guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law require that for refund or similar:
Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:-
- safe, lasting, with no faults;
- look acceptable;
- do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.
Acceptable quality takes into account what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost.
Products must also:-
- match descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising;
- match any demonstration model or sample you asked for;
- be fit for the purpose the business told the consumer it would be fit for and for any purpose that the consumer made known to the business before purchasing;
- come with full title and ownership;
- not carry any hidden debts or extra charges;
- come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent the consumer from using them;
- meet any extra promises made about performance, condition, and quality, such as lifetime guarantees and money-back offers;
- have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless the consumer was told otherwise.
- being provided with acceptable care and skill or technical knowledge and take all necessary steps to avoid loss and damage;
- be fit for the purpose or give the results that the consumer and the business had agreed to;
- be delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date.
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable unless agreed otherwise or refer to our terms of service.
If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping can also be deducted from your refund if opted.
You are entitled to a refund as per Australian Australian Consumer Law & Company Policy found here: www.headwayservices.com.au/terms-of-service/